Friday, September 11, 2009

Dolly the Deer Girl







This is the plush I've been working on for a little over a week now- stayed up late last night to finish her. I named her Dolly, and she's a deer girl (and yes, I know female deer don't have antlers.) I plan on working in this style on and off when I'm not making funny foods and monsters and simpler pieces. I really like her, maybe because she looks vaguely tired or pissed off.



She started off as this drawing I did at Joe's Diner.

The arms and legs and the line details in the hair are machine-sewn, but all the rest is hand-sewn, thus why it took so long to complete. The fabric I bought from hushbabyco on Esty, and the felt and other baubles are just bits I've collected over the years. Her eyes are safety plastic.

This particular doll won't be up for sale, as I'm keeping her to love for-ev-er, but I'll have some other ones up for sale by the end of the month, including a man with a giant moustache!

5 comments:

Rob Chandler said...

This one right here is a winner I say, definitely a winner.

Anonymous said...

I think this is the best plush you've made yet. I love it, beautiful design and great colors.

Unknown said...

She's beautiful!

Will said...

This blog and your work makes me happy. So cool.

Andrew Olson said...

im diggin dolly