Wednesday, March 25, 2009

pop gun shooter


Before moving across the great US of A this last summer, I cleaned out our old house a bit. Found tons of pictures, but the only ones that caught my eye were the "funny shaped ones" and the old polaroids. When I first saw this one, I thought it was my mom, but after closer inspection and Justin's keen knowledge of 50's atomic lady-fashion, it turns out it's actually my maternal grandmother. Geez louise did they look alike, though!

I've never met her, she died when my mom was just in college, but this picture makes me think she must have been a pretty happenin' lady, at least in her younger years.

Anyhow, next week I go on vacation (finally) for a whole glorious week in beautiful (and freezing) Indiana. I'll post my latest creations before then, though, I promise.

No comments: